This section's goal is to introduce dyrector.io's capabilities and how organizations can make the most out of using it. If you're reading the docs to find out how to execute deployments on the platform, head to the Tutorials.
The purpose of using dyrector.io is to reduce time and budget spent on release management. To achieve this, dyrector.io helps you with the following features.
- Multi-instance deployment – Trigger deployments of the same application to multiple environments from one place using the same or various configurations.
- Instant test environments – Seamless testing whenever your team wants to test the application, without waiting for a SysAdmin to set up an environment.
- Configuration management – You can manage your configurations in one place on dyrector.io. No need to look for different places where you’re able to access and work with them. In progress: Specify bundled configuration variables instead of going through them one-by-one, repeatedly.
- Monitoring – Get notified if a deployment is successful or any failure occurred. Gain better understanding on how your infrastructure and applications perform.
- Audit log – We’re creating activity logs so you can follow up on what actions were executed by your team. This can be useful when teams hold retrospective meetings.
- Chat notifications – Get automated messages about events and actions that occur on your infrastructure.
- Changelogs – You're able to create changelogs at ease based on commit messages with the help of Conventional Commits, so your team understands the purpose of new versions. This simplifies communication between departments who work on the product and outsiders, for example decision-makers. The generated changelogs can be sent out via e-mail or any chatbot integration.
- Secret management – Store and manage sensitive data with our Vault integration powered by Hashi Corp.
- RBAC – Role based access control lets you distribute privileges based on their responsibilities to your teammates. This is important to prevent any wrongdoing in case a user profile gets corrupted.
- ChatOps solutions – Interact with dyrector.io via chat messages on the chat platform your team uses.